"Greetings from Tomorrow " gathers 5 countries : France, Italy, Romania, Bulgaria, Finland - located into different parts of Europe. Like an European countries we have to have similar ways of teaching and develop similar transversal competencies built on the different bases of our national cultures, our methods of teaching, working and soft skill competencies . The main goal of this project is to meet all our needs : improving our English language and ICT skills, acquiring new education methods. The theme of the project is based of environment, nature protection and recycling. It is suitable to our priorities - to facilitate the validation of non-formal and informal learning, early school leaving and combating failure in education. Its permeability with formal education pathways and to promote young people's social inclusion and well-being. The above mentioned purposes can be reached through dealing with the topic about the environment protection and recycling – pointing an industrialization and its pollution of the environment, global warming and life in a city, garbage using and recycling, local and European restrictions for planet saving and using ICT like a new way for showing polluted territories.
Taking all this into consideration, our project team proposes the following objectives:
- promoting and using the non-formal and informal strategies in education processes as complementary and alternative strategies for the formal strategies; -acquiring new key competences in using ICT;
- improving and building on their foreign language competences; -promoting and using new innovative practices in classroom education; -promoting lifelong learning process;
- preventing any manifestations of xenophobia, and strengthen national pride and awareness of all project participants;
- developing the knowledge and ownership of the European cultural heritage and the respect for the European identity, its plurality and its linguistic richness;
- building strong relationships between people, schools and cities that will not finish when the project comes to an end;
- helping teachers, students, parents and members of local communities to become aware of the sustainability of the environment.
To implement our goals, our team (students, teachers and members of local communities) will work together in different countries involved in the partnership, within these 4 stages:
- Industrialization and pollution - view throughout history, for our communities and regions, to show the students, the teachers and the local communities the importance of nature saving for economics development throughout history;
- Global warming and communities today - to show the students, the teachers , the local communities the different aspects of climate changing, to demonstrate its importance of the ecology in everyday life;
- New life for garbage – problems with waste nowadays, to identify and debate contemporary issues related to recycling in different countries;
- How to save the planet?– Opportunities for students to identify and compare different solutions and to give their own ideas for ecological problems solving. Using ICT and creating mobile apps to show problem areas and to ensure the sustainability of the environment.
The joint work in the project will result in the following:
- A book, which refer at next themes:
- Pollution in my country – each school collects materials and write about pollution in his country.
- Good practices in each country for fighting with pollution - each school collects materials and write about pollution in his country.
- "Greetings from TOMORROW" – children’ ideas for environmental protection and countries’ problems deciding.
- How we can use the book in classrooms/lessons? – Ideas for teaching and a non-formal learning programme, which will be integrated into the formal educational system, which aims to inform and sensitize students about "The Environmental Protection Today in my Europe";
- Mobile application/game quize – that includes most polluted territories;
- Two calendars associated withe the years of the project
- The construction of a Website that will host all the products of the project;
- Non-formal training courses in the partner countries;
- Short videos about the project and about every meeting ;
- Brochures for each stage of the project ;
- Articles and interviews in the city newspapers, radios etc. as a dissemination of knowledge gained to inform the local communities, etc.
Following these activities and results, we expect a major impact in relation to English language skills, the skills of ITC, the self-esteem and European consciousness of the participants, either teachers or students. At the same time we believe that all persons directly or indirectly involved in the project , will become aware of the importance of environment protection and will treat it with more attention. Teachers involved will have the opportunity to meet new teaching strategies that can be adopted and used.