Maunulan yhteiskoulu ja Helsingin matematiikkalukio
- Principal Carita Jalasto
- Yläaste (Lower Secondary School) 400 students
- Ages 13 – 16
- Tuition in Finnish
- International Classes: tuition in English, about 100 students
- Mathematical Stream, Sports Stream
- Special emphasis: Music, Art
- Lukio (Upper Secondary School) 400 students
- Ages 16 – 19
- General Upper Secondary
- Mathematics Upper Secondary
- Viipurin Reaalikoulu
- Founded in Viipuri in 1913
- Transferred to Helsinki in 1940
- A new school building in 1959 in Maunula
- The school has an independent status, but is funded by the state
- School follows the National Core Curriculum determined by the Finnish National Board of Education.
However, it leaves room for local variations.
- Students study in accordance with a five-period system. Students’ timetables change every seven weeks.
- Subjects are assessed with grades 4 to 10. Report cards are given at the end of autumn and spring terms.
- The length of the school day varies. The school day starts at the earliest at 8.00 a.m. and finishes at the latest at 4 p.m.
- A great number of afternoon clubs after the lessons
- Tuition is free of charge and only in the Upper Secondary School students have to buy study materials.
People working in MAYK
- 70 teachers
- 15 other staff members
- Our own kitchen /school food served at 3 different times
- School social worker
- School nurse